I’m becoming an old man: I fell asleep, missing the ball drop, and woke after 3 AM… in the new year.
Many folks will make resolutions for the year. I’m not one of them.
Folks Always Fail Them
Instead, I do things differently, and get a lot of stuff done as a result:
I Make Goals
This year will be no different. Some goals are obvious. some not as much:
- Update this blog more. I’ve written a lot on Medium in 2018, but not a lot on this blog. I need to fix that in 2019.
- More movement on my novel. I finished my first draft in early 2014. I have been using Ninja Writing to write revisions (more on that in another post). I’m into Act Two now.
- Justify my award. In 2009 I won an Aurora Award for a newsletter. I stopped in 2012. I’ve been writing my next issue for a long time. I hope to publish it soon.
I’ll stop my list there. We’ll see how well I do by 2020.
Not resolutions. I don’t make those, because I actually hope to achieve these!
English: Picture I made for my goals article (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
There are a few big tasks that I will attempt this year:
- I’ve posted about this a few times, but chronic fatigue has stopped me from getting it done: get my 3 other versions of Hunters’ Inc. done.
- When the 3 other versions are done, I’ll make a pitch for a fourth in Supers, since that also has 3rd-party stuff allowed.
- When those are in I have a sequel book to pitch. I already wrote it; my former publisher closed down before we could look at it.
- I have a short story to revise and try as a Kindle single.
- This one will be my biggest challenge / adventure for the year: to start a novel series. I have the characters and premise written out now I need the plot and then have to write the book(s).
It’s only the 1st day of the year, and I already have it mapped out!